The numbers have been tallied and the verdict is in – 2019 was another standout year for Keller Williams. Collectively, KW’s 180,000-plus associates soared to new heights, thanks to their strong business acumen and dedication to serving their clients at the highest level.
“This year was an impressive culmination of nearly four decades of innovation, passion and persistence,” said Gary Keller, co-founder, chairman and CEO of Keller Williams. “Our success is rooted in our agents. Their willingness to set the bar higher and work tirelessly for their clients has shaped the company we are.”
Technology and Innovation
Leveraging the collective power of the largest real estate sales force in the world, Keller Williams is delivering on its promise to create unparalleled experiences for agents and clients alike. With over $1 billion dedicated to technology development, a plethora of innovative tools are being pumped into the ecosystem by the day to allow agents to deliver more consumer value.
“Every product and technology solution we’ve introduced has been made possible because of our agent partnerships. We’re working side by side to build a future that meets the demands of their consumers, ” says Josh Team, president, Keller Williams.
- Command, a smart CRM-plus suite of applets hosted on the Keller Cloud platform, was made available in Q1 ’19, and had 116,740 active users, as of Dec. 31, 2019. By year-end, agents added 43,396,155 contacts.
- In 2019, 112,528 live referrals were exchanged across Command, representing $36.2 billion in sales volume. To date, 118,027 referrals have been exchanged, representing $37.5 billion in sales volume. Additionally, the referrals platform expanded to allow connections to be made worldwide.
- In July, KW released SmartPlans, a workflow management applet within Command. 3.1 million consumers were on SmartPlans, as of Dec. 31, 2019.
- As of Dec. 31, 2019, agents have created 627,554 unique designs via Designs, a real estate-centric graphic design applet that was released in late Q2 ’19. To date, 772,929 unique pieces have been created.
- As of Dec. 31, agents tracked 3.9 million deals across phases of a sales pipeline in the Opportunities applet.
- In 2019, several tech companies joined the KW MarketPlace including Google, DocuSign, and Porch to fuel a more powerful agentic-centric and insight-driven consumer experience.
- In August, KW powered futuRE – the first invitation-only pitch competition where 29 tech companies battled for access into the Keller Williams ecosystem.
- In 2019, KW announced a partnership with Offerpad and scaled Keller Offers into 12 new markets. Further markets for 2020 expansion to come.
Growth: Outpacing the Competition
Over the decades, our Keller Williams family has expanded exponentially, further solidifying our stance as the largest real estate franchise by agent count in the world and leader in units and volume in the United States. Simply put, our company is the home of determined real estate professionals who are passionate about growing their businesses.
U.S. & Canada (production in 2019)
- Agents closed 1,133,311 transactions in 2019, up 3.4% from 2018.
- Agents closed $351.2 billion in sales volume, up 5.7% from 2018.
Keller Williams Worldwide (production outside the U.S. and Canada in 2019)
- Franchise is home to 182,933 associates as of Dec. 31, 2019.
- Agents closed 32,427 transactions in FY ‘19, up 19.9% over FY ’18.
- Agents closed $4.9 billion in sales volume, up 7.9% from FY ’18.
In 2019, Keller Williams expanded into Japan, Italy, Morocco, Malaysia, and Honduras.
With these additions, Keller Williams is now in 41 regions across the globe, including Argentina; Belgium; Belize; Bermuda; Cambodia; Chile; Colombia; Costa Rica; Czech Republic; Dubai, UAE; France; Greater Shanghai, China; Greece; Indonesia; Ireland; Israel; Jamaica; Luxembourg; Mexico; Monaco; Nicaragua; Northern Cyprus; Panama; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Romania; Southern Africa; Southern Cyprus; Spain; Trinidad and Tobago; Turkey; United Kingdom; and Vietnam.
KW Cares is a 501(c)(3) public charity created to support our associates and their families with hardship as a result of a sudden emergency.
As of Dec. 31, 2019, $3.25 million in grant funding has been distributed to 182,933 deserving KW associates and 235 families. Since the program’s inception, $40 million and 4,535 emergency grants have been disbursed.
Founded by Gary Keller in 2015, KWKC is a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit with a belief that the cultivation of a growth mindset and limitless goals needs to begin as early in life as possible. KWKC leverages the success of Keller Williams by bringing the company’s strengths in education and training to the next generation of world leaders in any industry through public events.
- 729 lifetime QL events and 178 in 2019.
- 2,663 young adults impacted by a Quantum Leap event in 2019 and 8,309 lifetime.
- 793 KW associates registered as QL instructors since the inception of KWKC with 162 in 2019.
- $113,796.02 raised in 2019 to go toward QL event scholarships for young adults with $569,207.97 lifetime.
Awards and Accolades
Like years past, 2019 was a banner year filled with awards and accolades for Keller Williams. We are reaching new heights through our agent-first approach and the world is taking notice.
- February – Keller Williams earned the title of Most Innovative Real Estate Company by Fast Company.
- April – The Swanepoel Mega 1000 named Keller Williams the top residential real estate franchisor in the U.S. The company was also ranked one of America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes.
- May – KW associates gave back to communities across the world via its 11th annual RED Day event and were named #1 Company for Work-Life Balance by Indeed.
- June – REAL Trends’ “The Thousand” featured 86 Keller Williams’ agent teams in its Top 250 ranking of real estate teams by transaction sides, representing 34.3% of the total ranking.
- July – Forbes named KW (No. 8 out of 300 ranked) one of the “Best Employers for Women.”
- September – Forbes named KW (No. 173 of 250 ranked) one of the “Best Employers for New Graduates.”
- November – Indeed recognized KW as a Top Franchise for Veterans and Innovation.
- December – Glassdoor featured KW (No. 29 of 100 ranked) on the Best Places to Work 2020 list.